Does ConvertKit Email Marketing Features Worth its Price?
ConvertKit is a powerful email marketing software that’s created primarily for online creators such as bloggers, video creators, podcasters, freelancers, consultants, and other businesses that are building relationships with their audience. You can use ConvertKit to create sign-up forms, build your email list, send personalized emails to your subscribers, and set up an automation that works while you’re asleep.
ConvertKit didn’t start off as an email marketing software but publicly as a Web App Challenge which Nathan Barry announced on his blog on December 31, 2012. The web app earned $6,000 in 6 months which made Nathan to fully launch the web app as an email marketing app in 2013.
Nathan is a good listener and only creates content, software, or live events that make people happy. To prove it, a few months back, the company name was rebranded as Seva, but after listening to their audience and the online creators’ environment, it’s reverted back to ConvertKit. From a humble beginning, Nathan Barry and his team grew ConvertKit to over $1.04 million in monthly net revenue with well over 19,700 active customers.
I’m sure that some of the influential online marketers and creators that you follow and read their blogs are using ConvertKit Trial (2020). For example, Pat Flynn, Joanna Wiebe, Mariah Coz, Derek Halpern, Neil Patel, Christie Inge, and so forth.
Build your free landing page
In order to start growing your audience, you need a place for people to subscribe—preferably on a platform you own. Normally that means buying hosting and designing a site. But we’ve found that you really just need a great single page site to start growing your audience.
With a free ConvertKit account, you can build unlimited landing pages or opt-in forms to start growing your audience. Choose from 30 different templates, add your content, personalize the design, and hit Save!
Once your page is up you can get your first subscribers by:
- Sharing your page on social media. We often see that even creators with a small group of friends on social platforms are able to get to 10-15 subscribers to their email list with just a few shares. Your friends are eager to support you in a new venture!
- Reach out directly. In addition to asking your friends, in general, to sign up, you’ll get great results by emailing and texting specific people who may be interested.
- Ask friends for referrals. Do you have friends who are better connected than you are? If so, ask them to share your landing page on social or reach out to their friends who may be interested.
FAQs on ConvertKit
- Does ConvertKit charge me for duplicate emails?
Really not. It charges only for the unique subscribers. This is one of the great features you need to consider for buying this.
- How good is ConvertKit’s A/B split testing?
Compared to other popular email marketing software, ConvertKit lacks in this case. You can only split test the 2 variations of the subject line. This is a major downside.
- What type of forms can I get to capture the leads?
ConvertKit offers you three types of forms to capture the leads: scroll-based, exit-intent, and time-based popups.
- Does ConvertKit allow me to set up my own domain with DKIM and SPF records?
Yes. You can do this with a custom domain feature with SPF and DKIM verification. By doing this you can achieve good deliverability results.
- How good is ConvertKit when it comes to integration with other platforms?
ConvertKit has excellent integration with over 90+ platforms under various categories like eCommerce, webinar services, affiliate marketing, CRM, courses, surveys, and many more.